Fisher Road in Berlin has been closed for the foreseeable future.
Due to COVID restrictions there will not be a VT EMS conference this year but VT EMS is sponsoring a lecture series featuring nationally recognized speakers and relevant content. There are 2 lectures a month, via live modality so you can ask questions and are given full CME credit.
If unable to attend the Live View program, it is available to watch a recording for distributive CME credits
October 8, 2020 6:00 - 7:00 PM
October 22, 2020 6:00 - 7:00 PM
NCCP Topic: Cardiology - Stoke
Highlight and clarify Notes:
· Face shields should not be used in teaching any AHA course, including Heartsaver, BLS, ACLS, PALS, or PEARS.
· Each student needs to have a disposable one-way valve that is given to them for the course.
· Courses must have one mask per student for the course. Masks can be cleaned at the end of the course per cleaning product guidelines and CDC recommendations.
· Manikins should be cleaned after each use using a cleaning product with appropriate length of dwell time. Remember if you are using a bleach product, this subsequently must be wipe off after dwell time as well.
· Courses may want to increases the number of manikins or decrease the number of students to limit the impact of cleaning has on instruction.
· Manikins should be placed a minimum of 5 feet away from each other during practice or teaching.
· AHA recommends following local and state guidelines about mass gatherings. If the State of Vermont recommends decreasing the amount of people gathered in one location, we will take further steps to accommodate that.
· Heartcode (online) courses are always an option with limited candidates performing skills verification at a time.
If you have any questions, please reach to me via e-mail.
Everything for the nationally certified EMS provider
Maintain your course credits for recertification, download mobile app, NCCP requirements and more
A list of statewide courses and conferences
All VT EMS providers are required to maintain a center learn account. Online training can be assigned by your training officer and VT EMS so please log in, check your status and contact your training officer/head of service if you have difficulty.
Details from Education Courses, if available, from those listed above.